2009/11/19

Clawfoot



Typing with gloves on .. cold in the trailer this morning.

The clawfoot bathtub I got is sitting upside down on some 2x6s. I've treated it twice with a citrus-type paint stripper, and peeled off layer upon layer of paint from the outside of the tub. The bottom layer of paint is really hard to get off even with a coarse wire wheel attachment for my drill, so maybe it's factory installed.. There's a little rust on the back where the fixtures sit, and on the bottom of all 4 of the feet. I'm gonna hit it one more time with a different eco-brand paint stripping gel today, paint the feet white, and call it done.

Getting the house ready for the tub. A friend and I are going to trowel a third coat of mud on the interior. After two coats of mud on the outside, and two coats inside, this is the first time using a trowel.

Walls, then plumbing, then floors, then water heating. I'll be taking a bubble bath this Christmas.


Anyone know what these numbers mean?

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog, Andy. I'll be following it. -- Ron

    ReplyDelete

hi, how are you?